Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Strength

I grow weary of combat. Each battle I fight tears me down, closer to defeat. The world is a battlefield, and I am a soldier. I am not sure that this is what I have asked for, but I do know that it burdens my soul. It seems that I can always survive the battle, but will I be able to survive the war? My heart grows heavy. My body must work extra hard to disrupt the world’s forces against me.

Wake me up from this dream. Let this afflicted breath I breathe turn pure. Let my heavy burden turn to dust. I know I have been granted, the strength, but what I long for is peace.

For this moment is beautiful and I wish this heart beat would last forever. What should become of me if I leave this moment? I shall re-enter the battlefield. I shall conquer my fears, my tears, my hopelessness. God, grant me this peace. Grant me this prayer that I breathe. Let this heavy breath turn light and steady.


2 comments:

Mina said...

jonny this one is timeless. i love it because it's raw, especially the middle passage. and i love you too!!!!!! i hope all your inner battles die down, as those are the hardest to fight :) i'm coming from the same place right now...

xsavedkt said...

You know, as I read this I was about to cry. This part specially, "My heart grows heavy. My body must work extra hard to disrupt the world’s forces against me."

I know how this all feels... these battles... it's tough, man!